123.hp.com/oj250c Printer Setup & Installation
Quick install your 123.hp.com/oj250c printer driver & Software? we guide you in unboxing, printing and scanning. We also assist you in how to connect to wireless network and basic setup of HP Officejet 250c printer. You will also know some important information such as downloading and installing HP Officejet 250c software and drivers.Quick driver and manuals from 123.hp.com/oj250c or 123.hp.com/setup 250c.
HP Officejet 250c drivers download for Windows
- Switch on the HP Officejet 250c printer.
- And then, connect the printer to the PC using the USB cable.
- If the OS is Windows 10, then the built in software will automatically detect the OS.
- The built in software will start downloading the driver software into your system.
- Follow the instructions that appears in the screen to complete the installation process.
- For further assistance hp.com/setup.
- If it is some other Windows OS follow the steps below.
- Power on your 123 HP Officejet 250c Printer.
- Then, Insert the CD/DVD ROM provided in the system.
- Connect the USB Cable to the Printer.
- You will get a prompt message to connect it to the System.
- Now, Connect the cable to the system and printer and place them close to each other.
- If your system and printer are connected properly, the system detects the Printer.
- If it didn’t detect, then unplug the USB cable and reconnect it.
- Quick Latest driver and manuals from 123.hp.com/oj250c or 123.hp.com/setup 250c
123.hp.com/oj250c Driver Install for Mac
- HP Printer has driver software available for Mac OS.
- Connect the Printer to Mac or wired or wireless network.
Adding and removing the printer from the printer list:
- Check whether the printer displays in the Printer List.If not, add your printer to the list by the following steps:
- In your apple laptop, iPhone or tablet, Go to the Apple Menu.
- Select System Preferences in it.
- Click Print and Fax option.
- In the dropdown menu, in the printer list, check for the name of the printer.
- If the printer is seen, then press ( –) and the printer will be removed. To add it again, click (+) and the printer will be automatically added to the printer list.
- If the printer is not seen, then press (+) to add the printer to the printer list.
- In the print using box, select the name of your printer in the popup menu.
- Quick Latest driver and manuals from 123.hp.com/oj250c or 123.hp.com/setup 250c
- Make sure that your HP Officejet 250c printer is ON.
- Now load the paper that you want to make the copy in the scanner glass.
- Ensure that you placed the printed side facing down in the scanner area.
- Next you have to select copy option from the printer control panel.
- Then enter the number of copies that you are going to make and click on copy.
You can also change the properties like paper size, paper type, quality, or other settings. To start copying click on Settings from the printer display and select copy.
Install the recommended printer software from 123.hp.com/oj250c as stated earlier in this article. Follow the steps to download and install the software for scanning your documents.
- Next you have to place the paper to be scanned on the scanner glass.
- Note that the print side must always face downwards in the scanner section.
- Now open the installed HP scan software to start the scanning process.
- Click on scan to scan the document placed in the scanner glass.
You can also scan the document through any of the following ways
Scan using the HP Smart
The HP Smart app is used widely to scan documents or photos from the printer’s scanner. The HP Smart app also includes tools that allow you to adjust the scanned image. Follow the instructions to start scanning with the HP smart app
Scan from a Windows 10
- Place the paper to be scanned with the print side down on the scanner glass.
- Open the HP Smart app and click on scan option from the application.
- From there you can see the preview of the scanned document by selecting the Preview button.
- Select the Save icon after the scanning process is completed.
Scan from an Android or iOS
For using this HP smart app from your mobile device you have to download the HP Smart app in your mobile.
Before using the app, firstly you have to connect your printer with the application. For that, click on the “+” icon available in the app to add the new printer. Once you have selected the printer choose the document that you have to scan from your mobile and click OK. You can later save, share or print the scanned document or photo.
With the successful alignment of the ink cartridges, we are now moving on towards how to print using your HP Officejet 250c printer?
In this section we guide you in printing your documents. You can print your required documents by any of the following methods
- HP Smart App
- HP Printer Software
Print using the hp smart app
Follow the instructions given below for successful printing using the HP Smart app method
- Insert the paper into the input tray of the HP Officejet 250c printer.
- Next, open the HP Smart app and select your printer.
- Select the document that you have to print (Photos, documents)
- Click on Print
Print documents using hp printer software
In case if you wish to print using the printer software, you must have to install the appropriate printer driver and software as stated before. You can install the recommended printer software from 123.hp.com/setup 250c in your computer.
- Load the input paper into the input tray.
- Open the printer properties dialogue box (Ctrl + p).
- Here you can set details and change properties like paper size, color, and paper orientation.
- Next, click on print to start printing.
HP Officejet 250c Auto wireless connect
This technology enables your printer to connect to your wireless network automatically. Neither any cables need to be connected nor your network identity needs to be entered. This capability has been made available in many recent HP Printers for the printer driver software installation.
First install the hp printer driver from 123.hp.com/oj250c. You will be led to an instructions window and will be prompted to enter the ‘connection type’. Select Network (Ethernet / Wireless) . Then select the recommended setting – ‘Yes, send my wireless settings to the printer’. Now the HP software will take control and take care of the connection.
But there are a few computers which are not compatible with this Auto Wireless Connect. So we shall use an alternate wireless connection method in such situations.
Compatibility conditions for HP Auto Wireless Connect
1. Your operating system in the computer must be either Windows Vista or later if it is Windows
2. It should be Mac OS X 10.5 or later if it is Mac
3. The computer should use a wireless connection to your network.
4. Operating System should be in control of the wireless adapter.
5. Only if the above 2 conditions are met, HP software will be able to retrieve computer’s network settings.
6. HP Printers are not compatible with 5.0 GHz networks.
7. So make sure your computer is connected to the network on 2.4 GHz.
8. However, most routers supports 2.4 GHz. So you can connect the printer to the network using other setup methods if this method did not work.
9. Computer should not use a static IP address.
10. The Printer should be in HP Auto Wireless Connect mode.
11. During installation , let the printer stay in this mode for atleast two hours before detecting and connecting to a network.
12. The 123 HP Officejet 250c printer control panel has options such as ‘Reset Netowrk Settings’ or ‘Restore Network Defaults’.
13. If the printer has been powered on for more than two hours and still the software has not detected and connected to your wireless netrwork, reset this mode using the options mentioned in the above step.
14. Those options are found in the Network menu or under Wireless -> Settings or gear icon. The printer documentation has more information regarding this.
HP Officejet 250c WPS Setup
Wi-Fi Protected Setup connect devices together over a wireless network using two modes. They are :
• Push Button Method
• PIN Method
Connecting Using WPS Push button method
This is the easiest method.
Switch on the printer and start WPS on your printer. The instructions are available in the printer manual or wireless router manual.
Conditions for connecting using WPS Pushbutton mode: 1. Your wireless router and printer should support WPS Pushbutton mode. To verify this, please check your printer and wireless router manuals.
2. A physical WPS Push button must be available in your wireless router.
3. WPA or WPA2 security should be used by your network. If WEp or no security is used, most WPS wireless routers will not connect using this method.
4. If you are using the default name which came as manufacture settings for network name, it will consider this as no security. Hence WPS wireless routers will not connect using WPS.
1. Start the WPS push button mode on your printer.
Refer to the printer manual for instructions on how to start the WPS on your 123 hp printer.
2. Once this is done, press the WPS button on your router within 2 minutes. You can download the printer driver from 123.hp.com/oj250c
Connecting Using WPS PIN method
This is how you connect your wireless printer to your wireless router using WPS.
Your wireless router has a WPS button near the Ethernet ports at the back. Your wireless printer ( or any other wireless device you want to connect to the network) will also have a WPS button on it. Press the WPS button on the router first, and then on your wireless printer, so that we can enable WPS to make very quick connections in these devices. You do not have to enter any data during this process. WPS automatically sends the network password. These devices remember it for future use. They will be able to connect to the same network in the future without you having to use the WPS button again.
123 HP Officejet 250c Wireless Protected Setup
WPS stands for Wi-Fi Protected Setup. It is a wireless network security standard that tries to make connections between a router and wireless devices faster and easier. WPS works only for wireless networks that use a password that is encrypted with the WPA Personal or WPA2 Personal security protocols. To setup Wi-Fi Protected Setup in your HP Officejet 250c printer, follow the steps below,
- The basic need to create WPS setup in your computer is that your Wireless, Printer and router must support WPS. This oj 250c is WPS supported and so no worries.
- If your network has a WPA or WPA2 security, your printer is WPA supported. If you have this, then go with the further steps.
- Turn on your 123 HP Officejet 250c printer.
- Then, Press the wireless icon on printer control panel.
- Touch the settings and then the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and complete connection. If needed, download the HP wireless software.
- Enter the SSID of your home network and password and connect your HP Printer to the wireless network
- In your Windows, go to view network connections.
- Right click on your network name to view the status bar.
- In the Wireless Properties window, select Security Tab.
- Click on show characters to view your wireless network password.
- In the Internet services paperwork, you can get your username and password.
- With all these details in hand, press WPS button and enter all the required information.
Now, your windows will automatically collects the settings from the router and gets connected to your router and printer. At once you touch the WPS button, your Windows is setup with the wireless protected setup. For more information click on 123 HP Officejet 250c Setup.Quick driver and manuals from 123.hp.com/oj250c or 123.hp.com/setup 250c.
123 HP Officejet 250c Wireless Setup
To connect your 123 HP Officejet 250c wirelessly, follow the easy steps below:
- Take away your 123 HP Officejet 250c printer from the packaging.
- Also, take away the materials provided along with the printer such as the ink cartridges, power cord, user guide, etc.
- Remove the tapes and cardboard pieces from the outside of the printer and from the input tray, scanner glass, output tray and near the cartridge holder.
- Connect the power cord to the rear of the 123 HP Officejet 250c printer and to the electrical outlet.
- Power on your printer using the power button in the printer’s control panel.
- Allow the printer to get started.
- Lift the scanner upwards and make it fix in its position.
- You will find a cartridge holder at once you lifted the scanner.
- Now, open the cartridge cover in the holder.
- Unpack the cartridges and remove the orange colour tapes from the cartridges.
- Insert the cartridges in the holders according to the colours specified in the cartridge covers, facing the coloured side upwards.
- Close the cartridge cover and now lower the scanner.
- Your HP Officejet 250c printer will start installing the cartridges if you have inserted properly.
- Connect your computer to the wireless router. Make sure that the router is connected to the active network connection.
- Place your computer and router close to your 123 HP Officejet 250c printer.
- Your computer must not be connected to any USB cable as it may affect the connection.
- In the home screen of your printer’s control panel, touch the wireless icon.
- Then, touch the setup icon and go to wireless settings.
- Touch the wireless setup wizard and select new network name.
- Follow the on screen instructions and give the WPA key when prompted.
- Click done.
- If your network name already displays in the list, select your network name from the list and click done.
- Browse for your printer software and driver and download and install the drivers and softwares for your 123 HP Officejet 250c printer.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete installation of softwares and drivers.
Your 123.hp.com/oj250c printer is setup to the wireless network connection.
INK CARTRIDGE ISSUES
- Power on your 123 HP Officejet 250c printer.
- Lift the scanner and allow the ink cartridges to stop moving.
- Now, unplug the power cord from the HP Officejet 250c printer.
- Open the cartridge covers and take away the ink cartridges.
- Again, insert the ink cartridges in the holders properly.
- Then, plug in the power cord.
- The HP Officejet 250c printer will automatically power on. If not, then power on your printer.
- Also, check for ink levels as it may be one of the reasons for printing issues.
- Repeat the steps for 3 to 5 times, whenever you face a problem with your printer.
- Also, check for the torn papers that could have stuck in the cartridge holder or print heads.
- If the problem still persists, then take away the ink cartridges from the printer and clean the electrical contacts without damaging them.
- Use a cotton swab rinsed in the distilled water to clean the electrical contacts.
- The very same way, clean the print head nozzles too.
- Also, check whether any paper is stuck in the printer rollers or print head nozzles.
And remove any papers.
PAPER STUCK ISSUES
- Power on your 123 HP Officejet 250c printer.
- Install the ink cartridges in the holders properly.
- Then, lift the scanner and allow the print heads to become idle.
- Remove the ink cartridges from the holders and check for the torn papers.
- Also, check for the torn papers in the print heads and printer rollers.
- If you find any, remove them carefully.
- Open the input tray and take away the papers.
- Make sure that no paper is torn or damaged and reinsert them.
- Do not tighten the edge guides too much.
Fit the edge guides properly and close the input tray. Your problem would have solved. Or else, clean thee print head nozzles and printer rollers to get rid of this issue.
WIRELESS NETWORK CONNECTION ISSUES
- If your router is not connected to the active wireless network, then connect it.
- Connect your computer and printer to the same wireless network using the WPA password.
- Select the wireless network connection as a connection method when your computer asks.
- If any USB cable is connected to the computer, unplug it.